Re: Improvisation Ears, Styles, and chops

unbelievable that cecil and branford are mentioned together on *this*
list!!
being a lowlee food service waiter in my day(actually nite!) job, i have
had
the pleasure of waiting on both of these giants of jazz...this was a while
ago-
branford and marsalis were staying in a room together here at the sfhyatt
and they were congenial as hell fwiw....
i had just returned from a concert by cecil and i was waiting on him and he
asked what i thought of the show...i told him i was 'enthralled' and he
liked that-there were a bunch o' hangers on-like he was JIMI er somebody...
and that, dr. and everybody is as a meaningless a post as i can muster.
btw i am not bothered by anyones remarks about anything. i think it adds to
the whole bouliabaise(dont know how to spell that) of music-its meaning and
the beauty of it all...
ymmv