video: ableton live as an 8X replacement for the lexicon jam man

after many many late nights and way too much coffee, i finally have
ableton live tweaked to do live looping. it totally kills the jamman, in
fact it is like having 8 jammen all midi'd and mixed together.

this is the result:
http://www.iosonic.com/video/anareal.wmv

or

http://www.iosonic.com/video/anareal.mov

all live looping (except for 2 drum loops). no overdubs.

note: this video makes me feel like the star wars kid.  perhaps it will
serve to keep me humble.

equipment/technical:
live 4
line6 echo pro delay
rode nt1a mic
evolution uc-33
behringer bass v-amp pro
behringer fcb1010 midi foot controller
alesis qs7.1
i use pedals 1-8 to fire the slot buttons for tracks 1-8, which are also
set for monitor off. pedals 9 and 10 move the scene up or down. i am using
2 measure quantization, although sometimes i switch it down to one. track
11 monitors the live audio.

i've always had a soft spot for the electrix repeater, and have been heard
to spout "from my cold dying hands" in reference to my jamman (now gone to
ebay).  but ableton live is absolutely insane. worse than cocaine. like
sneaking up on god and licking her on the back.  try live before you buy a
hardware looper.

a guy named kim