Re: you've got a point! RE: tough Beantown crowds

Well, it's not that the music wasn't suited to the
venue so much as the fact that the crowd was just
switched off, doing their own thing.  It happens
sometimes.

I suppose I should have said I'd prefer to do more
intimate material as well as performing in more
intimate settings.  There was no looping involved in
that gig, it was just a couple of bozos doing rock
covers.  =)  I've been doing that for years, and I
keep making money at it, so on I go.

My big looping career hasn't yet begun.  I'm still
building my looping setup, and learning everything I
can in the meantime.  =)

But I won't be one of those dudes who lugs along a
looping rig just to play a solo during "Free Bird."
;)  To me the two worlds are barely connected.  I do
drastically different stuff in the two different
environments.

Oh, and I'm in a Bluegrass band too.  Jack of all
trades, master of none...

Mike

--- Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if you don't play music suited to that venue,
> then you should
> certainly find other venues.  Clubs and bars (and
> cafes to a certain
> extent) have music to provide a backdrop to the
> central matters at
> hand: drug consumption, socializing and the pursuit
> of sexual
> partners.
>

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:39:51 -0800 (PST), mike feeney
> <feeneymike@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > The problem I encounter too frequently with bars /
> > clubs are just the simple fact that the crowds
> there
> > aren't interested.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!