Breaking out of the box

I mentioned not too long ago that I had started doing
some looping a few years ago with a Boomerang pedal,
but fell away from it and sold it.  Now I'm trying to
get back into it, and I'm trying to wrap my mind
around bigger concepts.

The areas that really kind of befuddle me are the
replace / insert / substitute type functions.  I'm
having a hard time getting away from the basic
functions (record / overdub / multiply / reverse) so I
kind of end up with the traditional "loop" sound
(short phrase over and over).  I want to bring more
variety and interest into it.

Anyone have any live solo loop pieces that they
wouldn't mind sharing?  (Probably a silly question - I
believe it was Nick Mason of Pink Floyd who said
something like musicians are basically grown men with
the insatiable desire to show off...)  I'm not looking
to rip off ideas, just want to hear how other folks
use the tools at hand.

I've listened to some of Andre LaFosse's stuff
recently and can't even comprehend what he's doing
with a guitar to make those sounds.  =)

But beyond that, I just want to expand my knowledge
and capabilities with my looper (SooperLooper
specifically, but based on the EDP).

Thanks!