Re: small digital recorder

I'm seriously thinking of the Core Sound PDAudio
system. I like the small size and the 24/96
capability.

I am a bit tentative though. Pricing this system, I
find it rising...and rising.
--New PDA $450-650
--PDAudio hardware $200(CF card, digital in only)
--PDA recording software $50
--SanDisc mem card 1g $80-100 each
--Mic2496 $500 (for field recordings, optional in my
               case)
--add cables, extra mem cards, case, possibly a stereo
mic....$150-?

.....Now you can see, this is about the price of other
choices....perhaps even a laptop?
Of course I would be gaining a PDA to use.....if I
could FIND a use for it!! (I don't use appointment
books, etc).
I guess these are questions I need to decide for
myself....Do I really need anything over 16bit/24khz?
Is the PDAudio's portability going to become usefull
to me? Should I just find the cheapest rackmount CD
burner available? ....I'm so confused.

=RANDY=