Re: Channel strips

Well, I'd use a rack-mounted...mixer.  If you've got multiple sound
sources feeding a common amplification/recording system and you don't
want to plug and unplug the same cable, then you're using a functional
"mixer" regardless of whether it's a few of channels strips bolted
together or a bona fide dedicated mixer.