Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: help with a description of the Boss DD-20

Señor Coyote,

In a message dated 04/22/05 8:44:14, coyotelk@optonline.net writes:

...but I'm having trouble understanding the "Hint" which appears on p. 21 of the manual. If some of you DD-20 owner/operators could look at this, perhaps you can tell me if it's saying anything other than this: "The DD-20's "seamless switching" feature allows you to create a phrase in sound-on-sound mode, then switch to another delay mode as the sound-on-sound mode continues to play back. You can now solo over the looped playback with the newly selected delay added to your signal. However, once you go to a new delay mode you can't go back into sound-on-sound mode.

This is true, and specific not only to the SOS (Sound on Sound) Mode but all modes.
When switching between the 5 memory banks you can only switch between them
in series order (manual, 1, 2, 3, and 4) and unless you have 2 or more adjacent
banks programmed with the same mode setting you cannot re-enter that mode
again once having left it. In other words you cannot step backwards in the series,
only forwards (through all 5). And, only the material from the 2 most recent modes
(the current one and the one right before it) can be heard at the same time.

I never liked the SOS mode very much myself. Too static. I liked seting different delays in
Standard mode with varying feedback settings and timing. This allowed me to vary the
loops more and have them evolve as old material gradually disappeared and new
was selectively added from time to time.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."