Not enough beeps and boops (was: Too many beeps & boops)

While the inital reason that thread got started was
(as we all agree) completely stupid, I think it might
be worth while to talk about the fact that sometime
your initial reaction to a form of art is often vastly
different than where you end up.

My theory is that art is a form of language.  Perhaps
where language starts, almost a "proto-language."  As
we mature we grow acustom to the language of our
culture.  Other culture's language sound like
gibberish and are ignored and rejected... until
needed.  You see it all the time when a modern term
(this happens a lot with science terms) is used by
many languages

Art, like language is in constant flux and barrowing
from other movements as languages barrow from each
other.  Artists produce the raw material, or
proto-language that a culture looks to and either
takes what is useful or rejects what is not.  That's
how something like "Dada" can start as an esoteric
experimental genera, and end up in pop culture via MTV
decades later.  In the same way, you can listen to
"beeps and boops" and reject it at some point, and
later embrace it when you begin to understand it, or
find a need to express something that your current
language(s) doesn't do well enough.

Anyway, that's my rambling for the day.

Mark