Re: That first note (or loop) . . .

>>  In a message dated 04/30/05 0:02:43, per@boysen.se writes:
>>
>>  The first note justifies the
>>  concert. If the first note sucks nothing can save the gig.
>>

> On Apr 30, 2005, at 19:43, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>
> Maybe for you personally (do you just pack up after the first note if
> it's bad?), but in general that's not true.  One can dig oneself out
> of any hole if necessary.

Well, I should have read my post a second time before sending it
in ;-)  Maybe it's better to say that the first note is setting the
direction you must follow!  Yes of course you can start digging, but
I would rather try to follow that "bad note" into the new direction
it implies. What else can you do? And what is a bad first note
anyway? When you play music you are constantly changing your plans
and directions. Big mistakes are interesting because the force us
into adventurous changes.

per