RE: John Abercrombie

Yeah, John is the man! The first Gateway is great at whammy bar/volume
pedal
type stuff even before Bill Frisell hit the scene - phantastic balance of
energy and elegance with a free spirit. As I recall on Characters it's all
multitracked. He never toured with that material because he would have had
to use a tape machine to play back the backgrounds, but John and Ralph
Towner had a great duo that did tours. As it happens we had a public jam
last week in a g/p/b/dr format here at a Berlin jazz club with tunes from
that very period and did Ralph's Piano Waltz and Foolish Door by John. It
was so much fun that we consider turning it into a project...well, so
little
time, so many ideas.......Regards