snapshots of processes

I agree with Scott.  Snapshots of our processes become more interesting as more time passes.  I'm always inspired by listening to early recordings I made when I was 15 or 16 -- or 22 -- or 32 -- they each help take me back, rediscover and relive something.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 4:22 PM
Subject: fahey/andre's edp vid (dvd) demo?

i think it would be a bummer if the video footage that was shot of andre's edp explorations from '02 just sat. think of it as a "document", it doesn't have to be the "perfect document" or the end all/be all. sort of like what i think of the d. torn "painting w/ guitar" vids from '93. it just documents where DT was then w/ his gear/technique, and demoing a small bit of what he did w/ looping. i'm sure DT probably doesn't sit and watch it, but it is a great tool for loopers (i've watched it a zillion times), even if it's 12 yrs old. i wouldn't expect what andre does now to be the same as '02, but what a great opportunity for others to see as a learning tool. guess i cast my one measly vote for '02 footage to see light of day....
s---