Beatles pagierism #9

   Of course the Beatles did do looping, ( number 9 number 9)and to bring
this one around-how much of a sample ,how many notes ,or how recognizable
does it have to be for the law to say you owe royalties.I know the Beastie
boys were sued by Jazz flutist James Newton for building a whole piece
around 3 notes of his.I thought the 3 notes were a recognizable theme and
that they should have just paid the 3 cents per play or whatever it would
have been. I wouldn't hav ethough it mattered so much if they weren't
making
money,and I think the whole Plunderphonics/negativeland thing has a valid
point.At some level the only intellectual property is that which you keep
in
yr own head. Once you let it out ,it's in the air promicuousey mixing with
other ideas,and multiplying shamelessly.But I want to make money from my
own
work too.