Re: The Live Looping Community: myth or reality

Ah, the "community" debate rises again :)

Mark, your post made me think two things that I thought I would share
with the group:

1) if we could somehow map LD topics to tones, we would most definitely
have a recognizable loop.  This from the perspective of someone who's
only been a member about 4 years.  I'm sure some of the real old timers
could confirm or deny my theory, but I certainly see it.  I don't
consider this a good or bad thing, it's simply an observation.  It has
good connotations, and bad ones.  One of the bad ones is that it can
make you indifferent toward the list, as a community, over time.  At
least, if you're not proactive and make it a low priority, like I have.

2) you mentioned a leader causing there to be accountability.  I've
learned that accountability is really only caused by having a group of
people who will accept their own responsibilities, naturally and without
instruction.  If you truly feel accountable to this list, you'll hold
yourself accountable to keep it healthy.  I should admit freely and
openly - I have lost that sense of responsibility and am a selfish
lurker or a rapscallion most of the time now.  Shame on me.

Dig