EH 16 second MKII questions

So I finally broke down (plus I couldn't find my DL4) and dragged out the
EH16 reissue from it's box last night as I needed to rehearse live loops
for an upcoming show.

While I still find the fact that the unit itself must be the master of
the tempo (which I find infuriating) I gave up on the click entirely and
hooked up my trusty Korg ER1 and lo and behold after a few tries I was
able to USE the damn thing.

A few quick questions for those that use this pedal regularly:

1. Is there any way to delete the current loop without setting feedback to
zero and hitting record for a measure?

2. I stumbled on some bypass/play system that still sent midi clock out to
the drum machine and had it running but made the EH16 itself silent. I
tried it a few different ways after and didn't get it again, what's the
magic button push to do this. How do you then STOP everything is that's
what you want?

3. I didn't play with the delay portion last night but I rmemeber that was
the main things I found cool about this. Using the Sweep and Depth in
looping mode was kind of dissappointing (I can get warbles any number of
ways). Am I missing some secret that makes that ultra cool?

4. I would really like the reverse function on a button but looking at the
additional footcontrol there doesn't seem to be that much there that is
interesting and the layout seems a bit goofy so I'm not dying to buy the
FC just for that.

Truth be told  I'm still smarting from the fact that these are now $300
NEW and when they came out there was all the hype that is was a "limited
edition" and list was over $700 with people paying that. I'll get over my
bitterness on that but I still dont' really want to shell out $120 for an
empty box with switches I don't need. Has anyone made a simple foot
controller for this? Is there a simple way to get the reverse function
only on a speparate pedal?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

PS: For those in Phila area I'll be playing a new show June 18th as a duo
(Synth guitar/Acoustic Violin). Check out my website or email for details.

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.