Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:43 PM
Subject: Boss DD-20

Well, it only took about three weeks but it has finally arrived.

Hurray!

I spent all of 5 minutes with it so far and can see that there is a lot of potential. However, I'm STILL wondering if my money wouldn't have been better spent on the Boss Loop Station.

The first hurdle that I need to overcome is where in my signal chain will I put this thing.

I'm a multi keyboardist so this IS a poser.

My initial impulse was to put it after my line mixer and before my amp. In theory that's a fine idea, except that it means that everything I do is potentially going to get recorded in my loop. Rather than "build" my performances from a loop upward, I want to make loops while I'm grooving. Therefore capturing everything is NOT a good idea.

I could select a single keyboard and put the DD-20 between this board and my line mixer. But that seems really limiting.

Ultimately, I may have to incorporate a submixer before the delay. Then I can mute channels that I don't want to record to the DD-20.

That sounds like a lot of work and expense!

What do you veterans have to offer in the form of advice?

Thanks,
Carl