Re: Repeater question, was RE: Digitech JamMan???

Title: Re: Repeater question, was RE: Digitech JamMan???
Repeater Manual is available on line. Worth going through this to check the detail of what is and is not possible for yourself against what you plan to do.

There is SooperLooper for OSX - a very exciting development for computer looping which runs under JACK. Well worth checking out. I can get four instances running on my iBook G4 933.

Because I’m trying to run LOGIC with a dozen inputs, Jack, Sooperlooper, MidiClock, MOTU 828 mkII, Cuemix and a few other bits and bobs at once I’m going to need a faster computer though !!!

I think there may be a way of networking audio together over ethernet using JACK so that might sort me out.

Best wishes

Jeremy

http://www.masse.org.uk

Hello to the list.
Talking about Repeater, i just bought a Loopstation RC-20XL and i'm a bit
disappointed so far. Mostly because i can't record several loops LIVE &
then switch between phrases i just recorded. With the RC-20, pressing SAVE
simply stops the loop you want to save. Plus you have to wait that the
loop is fully read to be able to read another, plus the UNDO function has
a latency. With the RC20 I end up playing with the same phrase for ages.
I want to be able to loop but also break the loop, cut it up or get away
from it when needed. Basically i'd like to build a track live during my
solo-sets (you could check my new record :
http://www.clumsybeats.org/rob_share.html )
Someone recommended a REPEATER. It seems to be rare & expansive, even
used. So i'm wondering if it's really tweakable. Can you really record
many phrases live and then play/tweak them by hand, like a sampler but
with possibilities of layering & live processing??

I'm just looking for the right tool. Maybe someone created a real time
sampling patch with Max MSP, Super Collider or Pure Data? Anyone heard of
that?

Greetings from Sweden
Stéphane