Re: surround looping

I think the possibilities of true 5.1 surround looping are awesome.

Here are a few of my thoughts:

1) It's the .1 part that my instinct tells me will be the thorny issue to
resolve, especially live.  What to do with the .1??   How can we separate
out the lowest frequencies from so much musical information without
creating
musical mush?

2) 6.0 or 4.0 might be easier live.

1       2

3       4

5       6

3) Of course sounds placed in the "middle-set" (3-4) in a 6.0 set-up would
be like sounds in "mono" equally spread in only a 4.0 set-up, so one could
argue "why bother?"  Well, I think the answer would be in the panning
possibilities -- e.g., from 3 to 6 or 1 to 4.

4) I suspect six synched mono loopers would be more flexible than 3 stereo
loopers.

David Kirkdorffer