Re: Beggar's the Question--was licensing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Baldwin" <coyotelk@optonline.net>
To: "Gary Lehmann" <hqr@cox.net>; <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 02:32 AM
Subject: Re: Beggar's the Question--was licensing

> Hey Gary- I'm having a little trouble following you on this:
>
>> In the midst of all this, the Hunter S. Thompson quote doesn't just make
>> sense.  And it begs the question, "Where else do you go for this?"
>
> Too many "this's", methinks. Can you explain further? 'Specially since
>I'm
> the one dangling the Thompson quote after my signature, to wit:

Well, it was actually ME what said the above (not the HST quote that is).
What else needs to be explained?  Hunter's quote doesn't merely make
sense,
it illustrates a part of business reality that isn't being addressed by
the
Law, amongst other entities - a part ruled badly by special interests
trying
to maintain (even more badly) a dead monopoly over the publishing,
performance and usage rights of music and other media.  Is that better?

Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.medialinenews.com
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack