RE: surround looping

i have never been a fan of more than 2 channels. It's too much a gimmick.

Yes, you can do cool things.

For a while I worked in an old room which was an original quad design from
the 70's, updated fro dolby surround.  The issues is....even though many
people have it....often it's setup wrong....and what about those whom
don't
have it....what did you pass over for those listeners while focusing on
the
surround.

With that said....my objections to surround, like other things, is less in
my old age. Perhaps it's because more people have it...

I have only mixed a few multimedia projects in surround where the playback
was in a fixed installation like Disney Theme Parks. It was fun!

My random comments....not sure how the thread started.