Re: Drummachine?

I think I will try that Electribe.  So many swear by
it, and as it is a sampler it won't duplicate anything
in my studio.  I tried an SP-303 a while ago and
didn't like it... I wanted to be able to manipulate
the sample as one would do with a vinyl record... so I
use a Numark CDX now (great piece of kit)

but I digress...

Mostly I want something that's intuitive to work with.
 When I had my Roland MC-307 I was really prolific in
the beat dept.  Upon getting an E-MU Planetearth
module, I was in love with the sound (thanks Mark
Hamburg!) so I ditched the 307 for the E-MU XL-7.

Don't get me wrong, in some ways the XL-7 is brilliant
and I'd recommend it.  It's cheap and VERY powerful
with tons of expansion capability. (It now houses the
ROM from my Planetearth) but in some ways it's very
frustraiting... especially when dealing with it's
effects section.  It reminds me a tiny bit of my first
sequencer, a retarded device made by Brother.  It did
a lot, but was so badly designed it was almost
impossible to do anything with it.  I hate when gear
is trying to be all things to all people and while
you're making be one thing to you, you feel like you
are fighting it.  In the end I'll trade off some sound
quality and features for something intuitive any day.
I think that's why I love the Repeater as well.  I've
owned EDPs and never liked them.  The interface never
really inspired me.

Mark