Re: EDP footpedal failure queery

I still use my EDP footpedals alongside a MIDI foot controllers for a few
reasons:

1. The buttons are always there to be used without having to go to a bank
of
buttons on the foot controller. Particularly when I am using the the foot
controller for other devices.

2. The lightness of touch and the immediate response with EDP buttons aids
accurate timing. I can play the MUTE or HSP/FSP function with the ease of
tapping a foot. Not so easy with a foot controller style switch.

I have to control my Repeater via the MIDI foot controller and by
comparison
this is less convenient. Consequently the EDPs can be more tightly
integrated with realtime performance.

As was raised recently in the thread about "software v hardware",
controllability is a key issue.

Best wishes

Jeremy

http://www.masse.org.uk