Seeking sampler and keyboard advice

Fellow Loopers-

I'm a guitarist and (except for my twin EDPs) an "analog guy".  However, I
have a hankering to be able to trigger sound samples from a
keyboard.  I've been to a couple music stores recently and the staff seem
pretty clueless as to how to help me (hey..just like me!!).

SO:  Here's what I want to be able to do.

1.  Record live sounds and save as samples (I have all required mics and
pres, etc.)
2.  Assign individual samples to individual keys on a keyboard (eg. C = a
doorbell, C# = a cat meowing, D= a sneeze, etc.) such that
each key triggers a different sound.
3.  Icing on the cake would be to have more than one set or bank of sounds
to switch between.
4.  As cheap as possible, and lo-fidelity is not a problem (may even be an
asset).

Are there keyboards that can do this all internally?  Do I need a sampler
and a separate keyboard to trigger.  Do I also need something to
store the samples in for access?  Or would the keyboard access the sampler
directly?

Anyone have any advice to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Joe Rut

NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites
at once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com