"Conventional" music performance using looping

Hi--
Today I dressed up like a pirate and played here in San Diego at Seaport
Village (bet you think I'm making this up)--the flute player was not on
time
(second week in a row) but I had an RC-20 in the old signal chain and so
had
an opportunity to noodle for 10 minutes or so--Irish and English folk
tunes.
Nobody seemed to think anything was odd (other than my outfit) . . .
Most of the time when I have used my chain of battery powered loopers
(includes DL-4, DFX-94 and a Digitech Digidelay) in informal (non-gig)
situations, I just go for the improv tho--unless I think someone is
listening . . .

Yesterday I went to see Robert Fripp at the House of Blues and I must say
it
wasn't all that interesting--he doesn't modulate or for that matter play
any
"time"--give me Andre or Bill Walker any day.
Gary