FCB 101/RDP Question. I still don't get it.

Ill buy a bottle of scotch to anyone who can help. I have the FCB
pedals programmed for all the standard footswitch controls, Rec,
Overdub, etc.
I just dont under stand how to program the Expression pedals. I got
emails saying they work just like the other pedals. But, they don't.
For instance, record is note 38. What are the notes for Output
volume. What should VolumeCont on the EDP be set at? Or FeedbackCont
for that matter?
How do I let the EDP know which expression pedal it should listen to?
How do I tell the FCB to send info from the expression pedals.
I know once I get it, I'll get it. But this doesnt really make sense
at the moment.
Thanks in advance.