Re: Definitive List of Every Looper Ever Made

A couple of comments:

- ironically, in the spirit of Rick Walker's recent thread on "full
disclosure", Rick was the guy who posted this question to the list in
November 2003.  I just began keeping track, and then volunteered my work
to the list.  We went for about a week as I recall.  Here's a summary of
the November 2003 data:

94 people responded
65 unique devices were listed
310 total devices were reported
= 3.3 devices per person

The top 7 devices, ranked by % of owners listing that device, are:
1) Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro = 52% (49 owners, 68 devices)
2) Electrix Repeater = 32% (34 owners, 36 devices)
3) Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler = 30% (38 owners, 33 devices)
4) Lexicon Jamman = 17% (16 owners, 19 devices)
5) Kaoss Pad I or II = 12% (11 owners, 11 devices)
6) Ableton Live = 12% (11 owners, 11 devices)
7) Boomerang/Boomerang + = 11% (10 owners, 10 devices)

- I haven't looked at that in a while.  It might be interesting to do it
again... but I'd want to plan out a solid format and data capture
strategy real quick, so please don't start posting just yet! :)

- I've become a much better player AND looper by using looping within a
band context. (gratuitous introspective comment)