From: Hartung, Kris [mailto:kris.hartung@hp.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2005 23:00
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Changing EDP Parameters via MIDI

Can anyone point me to a primer on if, and how to change parameters on the
EDP via MIDI?  Rick has me experimenting with Insert=SUB with quantize set
at 8th notes, which generates some cool effects, but normally when I play I
want quantize set to OFF.  Can I send a MIDI signal to the EDP to change
quantize to 8th notes, perform the Insert magic, and then turn the quantize
back to OFF? I suppose this will take three button pushes on my FCB and
consequently take up three more buttons on the unit….
I suppose I could create a preset on the EDPs with these Quantize settings,
and select that with a program change, but I was hoping to avoid the work
of
setting that up.
Kris