Re: zen and the fluent music

I think if you're playing in public, you're seeking audience approval
on some level.  Otherwise, why go through the hassle of moving all the
gear and booking the show?  Figuring out what size audience you're
happy with (and a venue that supports that size) is where the problems
come in, if the music that satisfies you doesn't have a popular
appeal.