Re: Drum-machine tips and other LD additions

At 07:57 PM 7/25/2005, loop.pool wrote:
>but I thought the answer might be efficacious for other drum machine
>programmers here at L.D.

Thanks Rick!

Along these lines, we recently had a nice article on drum machine
programming contributed to the Looper's Delight "Tips and Tricks" section,
called "Drum Programming, Loops, and Breakbeat Technique" by Nicolas Hall
of Breakbeat Cafe:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tips/drum_programming.html

It may help you get some funky life into your sterile beats.

And by the way, I'm always looking for new tutorial articles for the web
site like this! If you have some knowledge you think would be helpful to
other loopers, write something up and send it to me! (that includes you
Rick..:-)

oh, and since I'm on the topic, here are some other new things added to
the
site recently:

We got a nice new pic of the Boomerang from Mike Nelson, to replace the
blurry old one:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/boomerang/boomerang.html

There's a new section for the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay, with 2 nice reviews,
specs, useful links, pics, etc:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/bossDD20/bossDD20.html

There's a new section for the old Powertran Digital Delay Line, a piece of
history:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/powertran/powertran.html

And at the prodding of Kris Hartung and the fact that we have a new server
with vast untamed frontiers of disk space, the Looper's Delight file
library now allows uploads up to 7.5MB! (instead of 2MB like before).
There
are also sections now for videos if you have them. Check it out:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/files/

And as always I have a backlog of other stuff to add, but feel free to
dump
more into the queue if you want to contribute something.

kim