Re: Echoplex-style functionality on a Pc?

On Jul 26, 2005, at 18:53, Hartung, Kris wrote:

>  It just seems like if you
> are planning to do any serious computer based tone generation, that
> your
> looping software is best running on a separate system from a stability
> perspective.

I agree with Kris here. Doing it as simple as possible is the safest
way. If you have sound cards with digital connection you can send
audio between the two computers without any added latency. I tried
that between my TC Electronics FireworX and my RME sound card and it
was just like getting a much more powerful computer (getting at the
FireworX effects without latency).

But if you want to go into laptops to make gigging easier, a two
lappy set-up may be a difficult move ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)