Sitars

I've already posted on here about this, but it's been a couple of years, so
I'll post again. I have a couple of pages up about my loop-modified
Jerry Jones electric sitar:

<http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/sitar/sitar.html>
<http://www.marksmart.net/bands/indianduets/indianduets.html>

I did the mod long before I had an RC-20 or an Echoplex. If you have an
actual looper like that, the mod is unnecessary. I've played around with
it, that sounded pretty cool. The loops were from some cassettes of
tabla loops from the Batish Institute, kind of an Indian Jamey
Aebersold tape.

The Line 6 Variax has a really nice electric sitar emulation. Unlike on
a real electric sitar, the sympathetic strings actually sympathize! There's
a knob to control the volume of the symp strings.

I think I heard the VG-88 has a sitar imitation, but I don't know if it's
any good.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net