RE: Product reviews (was pedal abuse (was sitar))

 Wow, cool- for which magazine? Do they ever 'guide' or change things in
your reviews? How come reviews in the 70s and 80s seemed to be a lot more
honest? And how come, sometimes,  *within the pages of a review* there are
full page ads for the product that is being reviewed? Why do a lot of
reviews spend half of the words telling you the features- you can look up
the ad in the same issue to see those.
I don't mean to get down on you, I honestly am trying to figure out why
reviews are either non-committal or overbearingly wonderful. I know there
isn't that much great stuff out there.
I honestly think it would be cool for a magazine to review the whole
purchase process...from store to home. Go to a store, buy the product,
bring
it home. You get to review the salesperson, the condition of the equipment,
as well as the item. They wouldn't be hand picked items the manufacturer
sends. Ahh, that is what Harmony Central is for I guess.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com