software that emulates Echoplex DP

Please forgive me if I've overlooked a link on the LD
site that compares available software with the EDP.

I imagine this topic must've been covered extensively
here.  I've been looking a bit in the archives for
guidance but haven't yet found such through search
queries I've tried (I'd appreciate referrals to
specific past related threads in the archives, too).

Lately I've been asking some looping musicians for
their advice about software to do looping
live-on-the-fly like the Echoplex.  In your opinion,
is there anything out there that compares favorably
with the EDP in terms of functions, ease of use,
interface etc.?

...I was considering setting up a system with a
looper, mixer, and reverb on a lap top for
portability.  So far the advice I've gotten indicates
sticking with a dedicated looping unit like my 'plex
for the time being.

I say "like the Echoplex" only because all of my
direct experience with looping so far is with that
unit, but if there's software out there that you think
is useful for live performance that doesn't
necessarily work in the same way as the EDP, I'm
curious about that, too.

Thanks for your advice, help and guidance,

~Jim Cole

http://www.spectralvoices.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs