Re: AW: Behringer FCB 1010 or Digital Music Ground Control?

On Aug 9, 2005, at 7:51, David Trenkel wrote:

> I'm looking into a foot controller for hands-free operation my
> laptop/Ableton Live setup. I actually have an FCB 1010

> But I am worried about sturdiness, I play about 100 gigs a year and
> need stuff that is reliable and doesn't break.

I've had my FCB since it was introduced on the market four or five
years ago. I either transport it in a little gig bag, in a backpack
or inside a sturdy trunk (depending on how I travel). Over periods
I've been using it practically all the time. Because it comes so
cheap I really expected to buy a second one quite soon, so I backed
up my SySex on my laptop as well as an online server, but the FCB
never let me down. I'm amazed.

On the other hand a fellow musician had to take his FCB back to the
shop and have it replaced. The expression pedals did not send out any
MIDI at all. We went through it together and it was definitely set up
correctly. So that one must have been a case of Dead On Arrival.
Maybe the quality differ and I was simply lucky to get a good one?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)