Re: Behringer FCB 1010 or Digital Music Ground Control?

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the discussion and tips regarding foot controllers. I
got an email yesterday that my FCB was shipped and will be arriving
tomorrow. So I guess I am giving it a shot to see if it works to me. I
have gigs on friday and saturday, and I'm hoping to get at least some
functionality programmed into the FCB by then. Seems ambitious, but I
have been visualizing how I will use the FCB for several months now,
and I have already downloaded the software editor.

It's comforting to hear that at least SOME FCB owners find it reliable.
Mine will be living in a pedalboard, so it should be protected from
road rigors. Hopefully it won't have any serious problems out of the
box, but I am still skeptical, given my previous Behringer experiences.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to what the footcontroller will
allow me to do. As a bass player in a groove-oriented band, there are
not a lot of times I have my hands free to tweak parameters. But, as
the band gets more and more electronic, and especially considering that
my extra-band activities involve a lot of looping and electronics, I
want to get in on the act as well.

If any Portland-area loopers want to see how well or badly I manage to
get this all together by the weekend, we are doing a
more-loop-intensive-than-usual show this Saturday, the 13th, at the
Goodfoot lounge, 2845 SE Stark. We're sharing the bill with Surrounded
by Ninja's, the duo of Asher Fulero (keys, electronics) and Joel Barber
(turntables, electronics) who are, in my opinion, one of the most
accomplished looping acts that I have seen. They recently switched from
using dual synced Repeaters to using powerbooks running Live, I haven't
seen them since so it should be interesting. We'll be doing some
jamming with them as well. Also, we're playing Friday at Jimmy Mak's,
which will probably be a more jazz-oriented set.