Re: Behringer FCB 1010 or Digital Music Ground Control?

On Aug 12, 2005, at 0:06, Travis Hartnett wrote:

> Secure?  It's already got wheels and a handle on it and it's out of
> your sight for most of the trip?  Who do you think steals the luggage?

That depends on where you are traveling. Once we passed the Moscow
airport for a transit. Out of five people in the group everyones
trunk had been opened and valuable things stolen. Before the transit
we had been warned and advised to stuff our pockets with all valuable
things, keeping only dirty clothes and sleeping bags in the luggage
and not by any means locking the trunks. One girl locked her trunk
anyway, and it got out marked with a tidy knife hole where someone
had been searching its interiors. This happened in the nineties but
I'm not sure things has gotten better over there since then.

I've been flying a lot with one guitar + backpack and never had any
problem. When I brought a big acoustic guitar I was allowed to stuff
it just behind the cockpit. Electrics in gig bags usually go into the
over-seat storage area. During tours I went with most airlines in
Europe and south east Asia and it was all cool. The present situation
is more difficult, because of all the looping equipment have to be
brought. I did as Bill, bought a big ugly trunk that can swallow my
FCB and the smaller gadgets.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)