Re: OT: MP3 Sites with Non-mainstream Artists

On Aug 15, 2005, at 20:52, Wind Stick Devil wrote:

> Hi,all:
>
> I haven't been motivated to obtain an iPod or similar. But, I've
> been thinking recently about how nice it would be to have all my
> Harold Budd, John Abercrombie, Zbgniew  Preisner (as a couple
> examples) albums on one device.
>
> The question is: are there sites that have this kind of music for
> purchase? I know I can load this stuff to my PC but time is one
> thing I don't have a lot of (ou-I hate to say that-sounds like I'm
> dyin').
>
> Regards, Prof. Wind

I had no problem finding the latest albums of Jon Hassell and Eyvind
Aarset on iTMS.  After listening to I decided to buy them again as
CD's for the full audio fidelity, to never again buy compressed music
and finally to never buy an iPod. I have lots of old vinyl by
Abercrombie, Jade Warrior, Funcadelic et al, that I dearly miss
listening to. My plan is to buy a good turntable, digitize the albums
and burn audio CDs of them.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)