Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 7:56 PM
Subject: Upcoming Looping CD Updates

Hello Folks!

I'd like to report on the progress of two exciting, upcoming looping and improvisational CDs.

The first project is my new solo CD, entitled "Descent to Self."  Here is the preliminary project description, which will undergo some minor modifications and refinements:

"Descent to Self is a musical exploration of ideas inspired by themes such as theoretical physics, science fiction, mathematics, and philosophy. By means of real-time looping technology, Krispen Hartung weaves an avant-garde and improvisational tapestry of sounds that are colorful, innovative, and mood provoking. This instrumental work showcases Hartung's ability to fuse avant-garde jazz, experimental, and ambient music into a multi-faceted musical experience."

The CD is a mixture of improvised and computer-based studio compositions, jam packed with 17 songs and almost 80 minutes of music. It will release and go on sale physically in the November or December timeframe. However, I have decided to pre-release the CD now in digital format only. You can view the CD artwork, download/play the entire CD in MP3 format here: http://www.krispenhartung.com/descent  (how do you like the high resolution image my retina?  Thanks to Idaho Eyecare Center for that one!)

The second project I am leading is entitled "Xperimentus" and is so exciting and mind blowing that I can't even contain myself. Here is the preliminary project description, which will also undergo modifications and refinements:

"Xperimentus is a series of experimental and avant-garde duo compositions by Krispen Hartung and 13 other musicians from the international Looper’s Delight discussion group and community. Each composition is a duo composed virtually and in collaboration over the internet by Hartung and these amazingly creative and awe-inspiring musicians."

The members of this project are as follows:

Krispen Hartung (USA) - Acoustic & electric guitars, sitar, sound engineering, and project management
David Coffin (USA) - Guitar
Benoit Ruelle (Belgium) - bass, guitar, keys and a bit of drums
Simeon Harris (UK) - Guitar
Paul Mimlitsch (USA) - Guitar
Mark Francombe (Norway) - Guitar
Fabio Anile (Italy) - Keyboard, Electronics
Tony K (USA) - Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Synths, Bongos, Electronic Drums
Clint Allen (USA) - Chapman Stick, Bass, Guitar
Sony Felberg (USA, Seattle) - Found Sound composer/ACID
Ted Killian (USA) - Guitar
Scott Hansen (USA) - Guitar
Vincent Miresse (USA) - Didjeridu, percussion
Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill (Germany) - keys, bits of electric (bass) guitar and saxophone, whimsical electronics

Pending: Sheila Olson and Max Valentino

This CD will also go on sale in the November of December timeframe, and I will be consulting with the group on whether we will pre-release it digitally.   We are currently over 60% done with the CD and the results so far are out of this world.  It has been an astronomical privilege for me to collaborate with the above players in a virtual environment, integrate our playing styles, etc. I expect, or at least hope that this CD will be received well among our peers.

Cheers,

Krispen Hartung
http://www.krispenhartung.com
info@krispenhartung.com / 208-724-5603