Re: earth as one big woofer

Speaking of Loud...a Douglas Adams quote from HHG:

"The  Hitch  Hiker's  Guide  to  the  Galaxy  notes  that  Disaster  Area,
plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally
held to be not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but in fact the
loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert goers judge that the best
sound balance is usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers
some thirty-seven miles from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves
play their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated
spaceship which stays in orbit around the planet - or more frequently
around a completely different planet.

Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar
theme of boy-being meets girl-being beneath a silvery moon, which then
explodes for no adequately explored reason.

Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes for artis-
tic reasons, but most commonly because the band's public address sys-
tem contravenes local strategic arms limitations treaties."