Re: I just wanna insert!

Hi, Mark.

Unless Quantize=8ths will take care of this (and I'm not sure), you
might have to end Record of the first A with Multiply to set the cycle
length. It's always been my understanding that, like Multiply, Insert
only works on full cycles. (Again, this may have changed with
Quantize=8ths, but I suspect not). The only way around this is to end
either Multiply or Insert with Record. The result of the alternate
ending of Insert with Record should be that it immediately stops the
insert, and redefines the length of the cycle such that the entire
loop is now one cycle. The only way I know of to have Insert perform
like you describe is to have it set to Insert=Rpl.

If you want to Record all three A sections to build in variation,
here's a way that might make it work for you:

1.  Find something that is consistent among all three A sections; Hit
Record and play it.
2.  End that Record with Multiply and starting playing the parts that vary
3.  End the Multiply with Insert when you get to your B section
4.  End the Insert with Overdub to play the last remaining varied bits
for the A sections.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Jon Southwood

P.S. I just thought of something else that might cause weirdness: when
I fat-foot the buttons, sometimes I get very strange behavior. It
happened to me at a gig this past Friday night. I thought I hit Mute
and I hit a couple buttons at the same time. Not sure what happened.
Took some fast footwork to get it to respond as expected. Next time,
I'm wearing narrower shoes.