RE: Digitech Jamman - 3 Second Minimum Loop

I recently replaced my beloved late-80's Boss DD-3
with a DigiDelay, and I'm not really sure I like it.
Yes, it does have some extra features that the DD-3
didn't, but it's really not as usable live for me, as
it requires a lot more tweaking of tiny, hard-to-see
knobs.

Also, its use as a looper is limited because capturing
the loop requires turning a knob, rather than a stomp;
for the type of looping I usually do, the time between
playing the last note in a phrase and finding and
turning the knob is usually not ideal for a short,
seamless loop. It's good for parts that can be played
with one hand, though...

I'm thinking that a lot of my pedals on which the knob
control is more important to me than footswitchability
(EQ, certain preamps, modulation effects, etc.) might
make their way up onto a stand like I had them a few
years ago...

-t-

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs