Re: Live sampling - what set ups could I use

check out the Boss SP-303 DR sampler..it holds 9 pads you can play all at one time, in loops..Gerry

andrew spackman <andrewspackman@hotmail.com> wrote:
hello
I've been making live music using loopers/ samplers for quite a few years.
(eg. Cintronic RS32, Zoom GFX707, Roland MS1). However, I'm getting together
a new set up and was keen to get feedback.

Currently I use a DJ deck (pioneer CDJ800), effects (Roland EF303) and a
PVDJ Grabber (very unreliable, keeps crashing, can't control recording
length).

I'm looking for a new sampler to throw live bits into from the deck to build
up improvised music on the fly. I'm thinking of a MPC100 but not sure what
their like. Can you throw in bits, and imediately run as loops? How many
loops can be going at once? Are they set to a bpm? What effects can be
applied live, without stopping the sound?

Lots of questions, but any suggestions would be most welcome.

Andy