Re: DigiDelay (was Digitech Jamman - 3 Second Minimum Loop)

>Do any of you own DigiDelays that work the way Gary
>(and the manual) describe the looping features?

I have one and the LD archives will attest to me singing its praises many
time.
I have been using it for just the sort of glitch tricks that where
described
at the start of the thread.
I like its sustain-pedal action, lets me get short loops.
also I like the fact that four seconds is about perfect to make a one
measure beat section , I then record this plus my riff or whatever on the
DL4, a poor mans multiply if you will  (if your gonna do this BTW end with
button two so the DL4 goes into play rather then direct to record
otherwise
unless your dead on you endup with a doubling effect. ...unless you like
that)

in what way does it not work for you ,

sound quality? = I do get a light buzz added to the mix but nothing you
couldnt deal with live and much better then my dd3

action? I didnt like the release-to-play idea at furst, but its just a new
way to work, after  a little  while its pretty good.

Loopyness???= err I mean how the loop works  ie no fade out only overdubs,
know if you where to use this as a main looper, you would top out at a
wall
of sound pretty quick, but you gotta compare like for like and to be
honest
this blows the DD-3 5 and 6 away for the overdub action alone (think of it
as a free gift) and like you say, theres also a loop capability with
differant attributes (and flaws) in the normal delay mode.

and NO I still dont work for digitech ad dept (althought I could, if
anyone
is intrested in employing me!!)

Phill Wilson (a.k.a. Blackface)

Free Downloads at

www.download.com/therealblackface

Winks & nudges are here - download MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk