ChucK

Hello All

I am new to the list, apologies if this is OT.  I am a casual dabbler in
Christchurch, New Zealand.  I have been recently having a look at Chuck
http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/ as a way of playing around with delay
loops.  It is a music/sound processing programming language oriented
towards performance - plenty of powerful high level stuff built in.  Might
be a bit new to actually perform in public with, not sure how reliable it
is at this stage.  I haven't had it crash on me yet, but I do get a few
nasty sound glitches occasionally.  Is there anyone else out there using
Chuck for looping?

For those who want to try it, here is what a supersimple looped delay
looks like in ChucK:

adc => dac;                      // dry signal straight thru
adc => Delay d => gain g => dac; // delayed signal
g => d;                          // looped
0.8 => g.gain;                   // set the gain to fade the echos
2000::ms => d.max;               // set the loop time (in millisecs)
2000::ms => d.delay;
while( true ) 10::ms => now;     // make it go indefinitely

Regards,
Nicolas Woollaston