To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: 9/8/2005 2:19:22 PM
Subject: RE: lexicon boxes

> From the description it is almost certainly a bad rotary encoder.
> Since
> you apparently can't get these from Harman any more, it might be worth

but what about other encoders? surely there is a replacement.<<

since they used the same one on the jamman, this is of some concern. I can't believe that any rotary encoder has ceased production, but if it has, we need to work out whether there's something compatible on the market.

I have a mint vortex I never use, but I don't want to trash it to fix either of our jammans. I have a number of encoders I bought about ten years ago to fix an early proteus module (there was a min. order of six or something) so my proteus boxes & samplers will be ok for a while.... I'll look see if the same encoder is in the lex boxes, & check with some engineering suppliers to see what's available.

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe