EDP LOOP4 question: Accessing individual loops directly

Hi,

Using a midi controller pedal, running my EDP with 76 as the midi
note number offset (parameter "Source #") I was able to directly
access different loops. Like, if using MoreLoops=3, I got:

note 85 = loop 1
note 86 = loop 2
note 87 = loop 3

...etc (I have tried it with up to "MoreLoops = 9".

Since I can't find anything about this functionality in the LOOP4
manual I wonder: What is it?

Even more strange it gets when I reduce the "Source #" setting to
zero and the SAME note numbers do still access individual loops! Are
these MIDI note numbers sort of hot wired to individual loops - no
matter what the Source # offset?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)