Re: M-Audio Trigger Finger/Lemur

One minor issue for EDP users is that it takes two presses to send a
program change.  The pads normally send notes.  If you want to send a
PC to change a preset, you have to press a "shift" key to enter PC
mode, the next pad press will send the PC and return to note mode.
If you like to quickly switch between presets it takes just a little
more thought.  But then if you're using your hands you've probably
got time to think :-)

Also unlike most foot controllers, the pads can only send one program
change.  So if you were using this to reconfigure a rack of devices
you would have to do one Shift+Pad for each device.

While we're on the topic, the controller that has me drooling
right now is the Lemur.

   http://www.cycling74.com/products/lemur.html

Just the thing for that toe controlled surround panner.  But at $2500
you've got to *really* want it.

Jeff