Re: Programming Rocktron All Access - HELP!!!!

At 08:18 AM 9/17/2005, Craig Mitchell wrote:
>How are people programming the All Access? Are you using Control Numbers
>via Instant Access switches? Or are you using Note ON/OFF via the Custom
>settings for presets?

I'm pretty sure the All Access has the flexibility to be set up to use
either. The FCB1010 can only control the echoplex using notes. (sorry I
don't use an All Access so I don't know the programming steps.)

>With the Echoplexes set to 'Controlsource=CNTR' I have been using the
>Instant Access switches to trigger various functions.
>
>Record - This works but sometimes when I press the button it starts
>recording a clears right away. A second press gets it recording properly
>and I can loop.

I think I see your problem. The Echoplex wants to see a midi command for
both the pressing of the button AND the release of the button. This is how
it can tell if you are doing a short press or a long press. It sounds like
your controller is not sending the "off" message when you release the
button.

If you are using Notes, this means the midi controller sends a NoteOn
message when you press the button, and the corresponding NoteOff message
when you release the button. (like the way a midi keyboard would do it.)

If you are using Continuous Controller messages, the controller should
send
the appropriate controller number with a positive value (like 64 or
something) when you press the button. Then when you release the button, it
should send the same controller with value 0.

Usually this means programming the midi controller to treat its buttons as
Momentary. It sounds like you might have the in Latching mode. (where the
first press sends the On, and the second press sends the off)

>Can one replicate the Echoplex pedalboard function of holding down the
>record button and clearing the loop with the All Access via midi?

yes, definitely! that's the idea of using the on/off concept. That's the
only way with midi to communicate that you are holding a button down
(sustained) or releasing it quickly. This allows the Echoplex to get more
functions out of less buttons. Otherwise there would have to be lots of
extra buttons to control even the basic features of the echoplex, which
would be awkward to use and take up too much space.

Hope this helps,
kim