Re: Looping in Stereo

Stephen, I was meaning to ask but forgot, why are you going out of one
of your Aux sends to the input of the repeater rather than one or two of
the buss outs in the back of the board? Then you could have more precise
control of the feed to the Repeater with the Buss faders.  You could
also easily loop in true stereo, using Busses 1 and 2. So if you have
two channels on your board for a stereo instrument input, you press the
buss 1-2 button on each one, pan one channel to the right an other left,
and then press the left right buttons above the buss faders. Then you've
created a totally stereo looped mix and you still have all your AUX
channels free plus two more busses. And also, you can easily take an
instrument in and out of the Repeater loop mix by pressing or depressing
the buss 1-2 button on each channel. And I believe if you ran the output
of your effects into the board, you could then press or depress the buss
1-2 button on those tracks to bring that effect in or out of the
Repeater mix. Whatever gets sent to busses 1 and 2 gets fed to the
Repeater, and thus looped. That way, the next loop you do, you have the
option of having a completely different set of effects.

Just some thoughts. Honestly, in this scenareo the difference between
looping in stereo or mono is a matter of connecting two more patch
chords to the board, one from a second bus out, and anotherout of the
Repeater to the board.

Kris

      As an example of my signal flow, I send all instruments (myself
and
others) through a Mackie 1604 (16 channel, 4 buss, 6 aux sends).  This
gives me 8 stereo inputs.
One of the aux sends feeds the Repeater (which is "dry muted", not
passing the original
signal).  The Repeater then comes back into the mixer and is routed to
the other FX via a buss or
another aux send, which lend a stereo field to the otherwise mono sound.
If I want to send a stereo
signal to the Repeater, the mixer allows me to do that easily, though at
the cost of another aux
send and input channel.

           Stephen