show: Laocoon and Clang Quartet, Friday, Raleigh NC

(Playing a show tomorrow night, details below.)

As part of the Raleigh First Friday artwalk/artcrawl, I will be performing
solo instrumental loops/noise after, then with, Scotty Irving / Clang
Quartet at Kirk Adam Gallery above Father & Son Antiques on Hargett St.
Address: 107 W. Hargett Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
No cover charge.

If you stop by, please say hello (or wave, if the volume's a bit up).

Schedule:
* 9pm: Scotty Irving performs as Clang Quartet.
* 10pm: I perform as Laocoon. Given James Joyce's current ubiquity in my
mindfield, I might go further off the deep end than usual and start
ranting "Three quarks for Muster Mark!" over and over while sawing the
upright bass in half with a chainsaw.
* 11pm: Scotty and I collaborate.

Venue:
http://www.kirkadam.com/

Performers:
Clang Quartet: The best description I've ever heard of his show is
"Einsturzende Neubaten enacting the Passion of the Christ".

http://www.silbermedia.com/clangquartet/

Laocoon: lost in the loops and strangled by the coils. Instrumental
improvisational looping harsh drony ambient music. Chapman Stick, perhaps
theremin, electric upright arachnobass.

http://www.subscapeannex.com/laocoon/

thanks,
Steve Burnett