Re: why do we loop?

First off, thanks to all who've been responding to my question.  It's
something I've struggled  with for many years.  The times I've performed
in public have been nerve wracking to say the least.  It's taken me a long
time to figure out why...I've come to the conclusion that it's because I
want the audience to hear what I hear in my head.  To feel the swoops and
crashes that the music brings me.  To communicate what I see in it so they
can see it too.  I always feel that if it doesn't come off "just right"
they won't hear it.  Inevitably, something goes wrong at the "big musical
moment" and the whole exercise seems a horrible failure.  That's pretty
much why I stopped doing public performances back in '89.  Now I just
record my own stuff for me and give away CD's to family & friends.
Usually that's enough but there's sometimes that nagging feeling of 'Is
there anybody out there?'

Dennis aka Morpheus aka Mutiny in Jonestown

Ah Morpheus, you ask an interesting question.  I
counter your question with this: Why do we perform?
Are we looping only for some validation from others?
If we are not percieved my others do we cease to
exist?

This topic is near and dear to my heart, as I often
struggle with it.  I've found a few things in my day.